ABOUT THE SOCIETY
Welcome to the official webpage of the American Society of Civil Engineers (ASCE) International Student Chapter, Punjab Engineering College (PEC), Chandigarh.
ASCE’s mission is to promote value to its members and their careers by:
- Developing leadership skills in its members and supporting civil engineer leaders
- Facilitating advancement of the technology utilized by the profession
- Encouraging and providing tools for lifelong learning within the profession
- Advocating infrastructure and environmental stewardship; and
- Promoting professionalism and the civil engineering profession
At ASCE PEC Chapter, we aim at building a high-on-tech student culture by organizing innovative competitions, guest lectures by world renowned experts, amazing industrial tours, globally impactful research projects among a plethora of other activities.
ASCE PEC student chapter has been a joint endeavor to uphold the spirit of Civil Engineering appreciation and to inculcate a sense of curiosity and respect for the field in the minds of all pupils pursuing it. We at ASCE PEC aim to encourage students to reach new levels of knowledge and interest for Civil Engineering: one of the foundations for the growth and development of our country.
I feel proud to act as the faculty advisor for this society and hope that students will show appreciation for the field and come forward to participate in all activities.
~ Dr. Har Amrit Singh Sandhu